Step by step recipe:
- 2 min.Preheat the oven to 210°F (100°C).
Rinse and dry 1 apple.
Remove the core with an apple-corer (as in this photo). You can peel the apple, if you prefer, but this is not essential.
- 3 min.Slice the apple(s) very thinly. The best tool for this is a mandolin.
- 2 min.
- 1 min.You can sprinkle a little caster sugar over the apples if you like, but this is not essential.
- 2 hoursBake in the oven for about 2 hours.
To check if the crisps are ready, take one off the baking sheet and leaving it to cool. It should be brittle and crisp, not soft and bendy.
- Unstick the apple slices from the paper (which you can reuse) while they are still hot and leave to cool on a wire rack.