Step by step recipe:
- 30 min.Put ½ Morteau sausage into a saucepan on cold water and bring to the boil on medium heat.
Leave to cook for 30 minutes.
Ideally, this should be done the day before so the cooked sausage can be refrigerated overnight.
- 5 min.Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
Slice the sausage as thinly as possible (a mandolin is ideal for this, as is it not very easy to do well with a knife).
- 2 min.Lay the sausage slices on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- 30 min.You can turn the crisps over halfway through cooking to brown both sides.
- 2 min.When cooked, leave the crisps for a while on absorbant paper to soak up the excess fat.
Remarks:You can use a different type of sausage for this recipe, as long as you follow the same principal: cook in 2 stages and slice very thinly.
For even crisper slices, try a longer cooking time: 210°F (100°C) for an hour and a half.