Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 30 min.Leave at room temperature for the sugar to act, and after 30 minutes or so you'll see that rhubarb juice has begun to collect in the bottom of the pan.
- This is the sign that you can put it on to cook gently, covered with a lid.
- 20 min.Leave to cook on low heat for about 20 minutes until it is "stewed". Check by stirring: you should no longer be able to see individual pieces of rhubarb. They should have disintegrated into a smooth purée.
Your stewed rhubarb is ready. Leave to cool, then keep refrigerated in a sealed container.
Remarks:Taste the fruit before it's completely cooked to see if it needs a little more sugar.
If you'd like a smoother result, you can blend the rhubarb briefly, but it's hardly necessary.
Recipes which use it: 1
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Rhubarb: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Rhubarb tart, How to prepare rhubarb, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Rice pudding with fruit and nuts, How to cook caramelized puff pastry well, Liège waffles, Nougatine, Clafoutis "Marie-Antoinette", ... [All]