Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 1 min.
- 1 min....and unroll it over the tin.
This is a way of transfering the pastry and lining the tin with less chance of it breaking.
- 3 min.Make sure the pastry sits right down into the bottom of the tin...
- 1 min....then trim of the overhanging edge.
- Put the lined tin to wait in the fridge.
- 8 min.
- 2 min.
- 2 min.Add 80 g cornflour to finish and mix again.
- 1 min.Pour the hot milk over the pistachio mixture and stir gently to mix.
- 1 min.Pour this mixture back into the saucepan through a strainer to remove any bits and give a smooth custard.
Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
- 5 min.Put the saucepan back on low heat and cook the custard gently for a few minutes until it thickens slightly.
This is so that we won't make the pastry soggy by pouring in a filling that is too liquid.
- 30 min.Pour the filling into the pastry case and put in the oven immediately. Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool before serving.
Remarks:Depending on whether you prefer a stronger or more subtle pistachio flavour, you can alter the weight of pistachio paste in the recipe.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Whole milk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Rice pudding with fruit and nuts, Cheese Soufflé, Panna cotta, Milk rolls, Real custard sauce (crème anglaise), ... [All]
- Sweetcrust pastry (pâte sablée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Little lime tarts, Apricot and almond cream tart, Chocolate tart, Cherry and pistachio tarts, Exotic fruit tart, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Oat shortbread biscuits, Chouquettes, Passion fruit jellies, Oatmeal cake, You should not leave egg yolks in contact with sugar, ... [All]
- Pistachio powder or paste: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pear, grapefruit and pistachio tart, Crusty pistachio, almond and apricot flan, Mini apricot and pistachio brioches, Pistachio "Financiers", Pistachio tiramisu, ... [All]