Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 1 min.
- 1 min....and unroll it over the tin.
This is a way of transfering the pastry and lining the tin with less chance of it breaking.
- 3 min.Make sure the pastry sits right down into the bottom of the tin...
- 1 min....then trim of the overhanging edge.
- Put the lined tin to wait in the fridge.
- 8 min.
- 2 min.
- 2 min.Add 80 g cornflour to finish and mix again.
- 1 min.Pour the hot milk over the pistachio mixture and stir gently to mix.
- 1 min.Pour this mixture back into the saucepan through a strainer to remove any bits and give a smooth custard.
Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
- 5 min.Put the saucepan back on low heat and cook the custard gently for a few minutes until it thickens slightly.
This is so that we won't make the pastry soggy by pouring in a filling that is too liquid.
- 30 min.Pour the filling into the pastry case and put in the oven immediately. Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool before serving.