Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- Start to knead on low speed.
- 3 min.After a few minutes the pastry will form. Stop the mixer as soon as possible to get an easy to work dough.
There is no problem if there are still some small pieces of butter not completely mixed in.
- 5 min.Finish mixing the dough with a maryse.
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Form it into a ball.
- 5 min.Then flatten the ball into a cake. This will help when you come to out roll it out.
Note that the more flatter it is at this stage, easier it will be later.
- 5 min.Wrap the pastry in the plastic film, and write on top what it is.
- Repeat the operation until the end of dough, and put any pastry which you do not intend use within the next few days in the freezer.
Recipes which use it: 25Of which:
Source:After Gaston Lenôtre.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sausage mushroom and cheese crumble, Cigarettes Russes (Piroulines), Red mullet fillets with a reduced white-wine sauce, Oatmeal cake, Naan, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Scrambled eggs (Oeufs brouillés), Parcels of fish fillet in spinach, Potatoes with prawns, Purée of Jerusalem artichokes with foie gras, Chocolate muffins, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pistachio ice cream, Vanilla sugar, Amaretti, Sautéed pears with custard and orange syrup , Nantes Tourton, ... [All]