Step by step recipe:
- 20 min.Prepare 450 g Choux pastry (pâte à choux).
Preheat oven to 390°F (200°C).
- 1 min.Add 50 g grated cheese, setting aside 1 tbs for topping.
- 2 min.Mix well.
If you choose to add ham, take 2 slices smoked ham and cut in small pieces to add to mixture.
- 10 min.With a forcing bag make small heaps of mixture, about the size of an olive.
If you don't have a forcing bag use 2 teaspoons instead.
- 2 min.If necessary, if the heap has got a point on top, flatten with a teaspoon dipped in milk.
- 1 min.Divide remaining cheese over the top of heaps.
- 20 min.Put in the oven and cook about 20 minutes until gougères are golden brown. Place on a cooling rack.
Remarks:Serve as soon as possible, try to not leave to cool, much better hot or warm.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Choux pastry (pâte à choux): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Puits d'amour, Pets de nonne, Chouquettes, Saint Honoré cake, Profiteroles, ... [All]
- Grated cheese: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Bolognaise lasagne, Cheese Soufflé, Ham pasta bake, Algerian brik rolls, Firied fillet of sea bream with polenta, ... [All]