Step by step recipe:
- 20 min.Preheat oven to 150°C or 302°F, and boil a large pan of water. Put glasses in a dish or baking sheet.
Divide 200 ml crème brulée mixture (cold) between glasses, to about ¼ depth. Try to pour cream directly into the bottom of each glass without touching the sides, to prevent splashes burning on during cooking.
- 50 min.Put in the oven, and add hot water to the dish. Cook for about 50 minutes, until cream is just set.
Remove glasses from water and leave for 2 hours to cool to room temperature, then put in the fridge.
- 10 min.Cut 4 Pears into small dice, and pour over juice of ½ lemon.
- 2 min.Put 4 tablespoons maple syrup in a pan on medium heat, add the diced pears.
- 10 min.
- 5 min.Begin assembly:
Add a tablespoon of cold diced pears to each glass, to about the same depth as the bottom layer.
- 5 min.On the pears, add the same depth of chocolate mousse (using a teaspoon or a forcing bag).
- 5 min.On the chocolate, add a layer of whipped cream, again using a forcing bag.
Sprinkle with a pinch of cocoa powder to finish.
Remarks:This dessert can easily be prepared the day before, and be kept in the fridge until serving. Even so, I advise you to prepare and add the final layer of whipped cream the last minute if possible.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Chocolate mousse: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: ... [All]
- Crème brulée mixture: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: ... [All]
- Chantilly cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Strawberry Charlotte, Warm apple feuillantines, Key Lime Pie for Jeremy, Peach Melba, Saint Honoré cake, ... [All]
- Pears: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Yvetot Douillons, French Family Cake, Pear charlotte, Pear and lime meringue pie, Pear sorbet, ... [All]