Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.Roll out shortcrust pastry, then line a tart mould (with straight sides if possible) and leave about 0.5 inch over the edge.
Put in the fridge.
We do that ensure that the pastry does not shrink away from the edges of the mould and the sides remain stright and level for a nicely presented custard tart.
- 5 min.
- 10 min.
- 5 min.Pour vanilla milk onto beaten eggs while gently whisking to mix well.
- 10 min.Clean the pan, then pour the milk back in through a fine strainer to remove all small impurities.
Leave to stand for 5 minutes then remove any foam on the surface.
Preheat oven to 392°F (200°C).
- 5 min.
- 10 min.As soon as the mix is slightly thickened, put the base of the pan into cold water, and continue stirring to halt cooking, until the mixture cools.
- 5 min.Remove pastry case from fridge, trim and neaten edges with a knife and prick all over bottom with a fork or a pique-vite.
- 3 min.Pour mixture into the pastry case.
- 50 min.And immediately put in the oven for about 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven when custard tart is like this one, and leave to cool before tasting.
Remarks:A variation to try, chocolate custard tart: add 50 g melted chocolate to the mixure just after thickening.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Milk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Cherry clafoutis, Flognarde, Doughnuts, Kugelhof for Nanou, Jam doughnuts, ... [All]
- Shortcrust pastry (pâte brisée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Rata-tart, Leek and Mimolette tart, Salmon and spinach quiche, Quiche Lorraine, Gisèle's Pasties, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Passion fruit jellies, Biscuit de Savoie sponge cake, Almond mug cake for Mary, Flognarde, Coconut rocks, ... [All]
- Cornflour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Langoustine gratin, Mushroom velouté, Lemon Confectioner's Custard, Peach and verbena feuilleté, Two-stage beef chuck , ... [All]