Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Roll out the puff pastry, prick all over with a pique-vite (pastry pricker) and line the tart tin or mould (10"or 26 cm here).
If you are using ready-rolled pastry, you can leave the layer of cooking parchment underneath in the tin.
Put back in the fridge to wait.
- 10 min.Pour 500 ml milk into a saucepan on medium heat and bring to the boil.
Take off the heat.
- 2 min.
- 2 min.Add 60 g cornflour, mix again.
- Pour the hot milk into this mixture, stirring gently.
- 1 min.It is normal for a little froth to form on the surface.
- 1 min.Pour the mixture back into the pan (after washing) through a fine strainer.
- 7 min.
- 1 min.
- 15 min.After this time, take out of the oven and leave to cool...
- 2 min....then chop roughly.
- 15 min.Take the pastry case out ot the fridge, line with a sheet of paper and fill this with beans, ceramic baking beads (or similar) for "blind" baking.
Bake for 15 minutes, low in the oven.
- 2 min.After this, remove the paper and beans/beads to uncover the bottom of the pastry case.
- 5 min.Cut 50 g dried apricots into small pieces.
- 2 min.Spread the chopped apricots and almonds in the pastry case.
- 2 min.Pour the pistachio mixture over the top.
- 25 min.Bake, still low in the oven, for about 25 minutes.
Check that the pastry is nicely browned, but the top of the filling should stay green.
- Serve cold, cut into portions.
Remarks:If you like that sort of thing, you can soak the cut apricots in the alcohol of your choice beforehand.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Milk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chocolate sauce, Profiteroles, Crème caramel, Toasted almond cake, Thin endive tart, ... [All]
- Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Mini lemon millefeuilles, Caramelised apple pie, Little apple turnovers with almonds and raisins, Quiche Bretonne, Courgette tart with mint, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Citrus crunch, Gâteau Basque , Apple Tatin Terrine, Nougat, French Family Cake, ... [All]
- Cornflour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pear and lime meringue pie, Confectioner's custard (Crème pâtissière, or French pastry cream), Upside-down Parmentier, Peach and verbena feuilleté, Blackcurrant, vanilla and lime verrine , ... [All]