Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 3 min.Roughly chop 150 g Arlesian Biscuits (but do not reduce to crumbs).
See below for what you can use instead of Arlesian biscuits.
- 5 min.Share the biscuit pieces between the verrines.
- 5 min.Top with a layer of Italian meringue, preferably piped with a forcing bag.
- 3 min.If possible, finish by lightly caramelizing the meringue with a blowtorch.
- Your lemon meringue pie verrines are ready.
Remarks:If you don't have any Arlesian biscuits, as suggested in the recipe, you can use any other shortbread-type biscuits (Breton galettes, for example) or small pieces of sweetcrust pastry (pâte sablée) that has been rolled out, baked and cooled.
Once the biscuits are in contact with the lemon custard, they will start to go soft, unfortunately, so the dessert should be left too long before serving.