Step by step recipe:
- 2 min.
- 1 min....and add ½ vanilla pod. Mix well.
- 7 min.Bring to the boil on medium heat.
As soon as the milk comes to the boil, take off the heat, cover and leave to infuse for 15 minutes.
- 3 min.
- 1 min.Pour the milk, while it is still hot, onto the egg yolks through a sieve to remove the lemon zest (which has a rather unpleasant texture in the mouth). Stir to mix thoroughly.
- 7 min.Pour the mixture back into the pan, put on low heat and leave to thicken while beating continuously.
- 2 min.Once the custard has thickened, leave to cook for 10 minutes uncovered, then add the lemon juice and beat in rapidly with the whisk.
Your lemon confectioner's custard is ready.
- If you want to cool the custard quickly, even very quickly, do it like the professionals. See how in this video.
Remarks:To make a lime version of this custard, simply use a lime instead of the lemon.
Recipes which use it: 4
Source:Based on recipe by Gaston Lenôtre.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Milk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Blackcurrant, vanilla and lime verrine , Doughnuts, Potato gratin, Thin endive tart, Chocolate sauce, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Clafoutis "Marie-Antoinette", Crème brulée, Citrus crunch, Peach and verbena feuilleté, Ciabatta, ... [All]
- Cornflour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Peach and verbena feuilleté, Pear and lime meringue pie, Confectioner's custard (Crème pâtissière, or French pastry cream), Du Barry soup, Pistachio custard tart, ... [All]