Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.Heat gently up to 176°F (80°C). A thermometer is useful for this, but if you don't have one, just be careful not to allow the cream to boil.
- 1 min.Take off the heat and add the lemon juice all at once.
- 30 min.Mix well - you should notice it thicken slightly - then leave at room temperature to cool for 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, top with a thin layer of fruit coulis, such as blackcurrant.
- Decorate with a sprig of mint, if you wish, and serve.
Remarks:The quantities given are for a small, accompanying dessert. If they will be the main dessert feature, it would be better to double the quantities and the size of the dish.
Source:Based on a recipe by Jonathan Blot.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Framboisier, Turban of sole with langoustines, Layered Leek and Egg Gratin , Vegetable rosette tart, Late Winter Soup with Fresh Spinach, ... [All]
- Blackcurrant coulis: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pannacotta and blackcurrant crumble, Blackcurrant, vanilla and lime verrine , Blackcurrant sorbet for Edith, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Blackcurrant-almond muffins, Chouquettes, Pears and caramelised walnut samosas , Sweetcrust pastry (pâte sablée), Elsa's Comtoise galette, ... [All]