Step by step recipe:
- 2 min.
The lime filling
Put 4 g gelatin to soak in cold water.
- 3 min.
- 4 min.
- 7 min.Put the pan on medium heat and bring the mixture to the boil while whisking frequently.
- 3 min.Add the eggs and bring back to the boil.
Take off the heat.
- 2 min.Finish by mixing in the gelatine (after draining well).
- 3 min.It is not essential, but give the mixture a quick blast with a blender if possible to emulsify it slightly.
- 3 min.If you wish to improve the appearence, add a few drops of green colouring to the filling.
Cover and leave the filling to cool.
- 5 min.
- 15 min.
- 1 hourWhen both the filling and pastry case are cold, pour the filling into the case, level the surface by tapping the sides, then put to set in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- 5 min.
- 2 min.Colour the top of the meringue, either by putting the tart under a hot grill for a few seconds, or by using a torch.
Decorate with a few shreds of lime zest.
Remarks:You can use the same recipe to make a lemon meringue tart, but you will not need colouring.
If you don't have time to make Italian meringue, normal meringue will do just fine.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Sweet pastry: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Alsatian apple tart, ... [All]
- Italian Meringue: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Lemon Tart / Meringue Pie, Pear and lime meringue pie, Frozen Nougat, Lemon Meringue Pie Verrines, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sugar syrup, Chocolate eclairs, Pain perdu, Sushi, Buckwheat almond biscuits, ... [All]
- Egg: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Walnut short bread, Foie gras fingers, Scrambled eggs (Oeufs brouillés), Crusty pistachio, almond and apricot flan, Checkerboard biscuits, ... [All]