Step by step recipe:
- 30 min.
- 10 min.Peel 6 apples and cut into small pieces.
- 10 min.
- 4 min.
- 3 min.Take a little of the meringue and add this to the lemon custard.
Mix in with a soft spatula.
- 4 min.Then add this mixture to the rest of the meringue and fold in gently until evenly mixed and light.
Note:Mixing in 2 stages like this helps to combine the two different textures of the meringue and confectioner's custard.
- 3 min.Add the apple pieces and mix again gently.
Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
- 3 min.Put the mixture into a buttered gratin dish and bake for about 10 minutes.
- 10 min.After 5 minutes, sprinkle the top with caster sugar and change your oven setting to "grill" (broiler) to brown the top (if your grill is separate, leave the dish in the oven for a couple of minutes longer, then brown briefly under the grill).
Remarks:Use eating apples, rather than tart cooking apples for this, as the lemon in the confectioner's custard already adds a note of acidity.
You will notice that the cooking time is very short - just 10 minutes - 5 minutes of which are under the grill. The clafoutis only really needs to be heated through and the top browned.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Lemon Confectioner's Custard: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Strawberry feuilleté, Mini lemon millefeuilles, Lemon Meringue Pie Verrines, ... [All]
- Egg white: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Vanilla ice cream, Swiss meringues, Succès praliné (praline meringue), Butter cream, Pistachio powder or paste, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Warm apple feuillantines, Apple charlotte with toasted brioche, Cookies, Peach and verbena feuilleté, Coconut-vanilla cream for Elsa , ... [All]