Step by step recipe:
- 30 min.
Lime confectioner's custardPrepare 400 g Lemon Confectioner's Custard, but using lime rather than the lemon in the original recipe.
When finished, you can add a few drops of green food colouring to the cream if you wish. A slight green tinge looks good against the red of the strawberries.
- 3 min.Once the puff pastry base is cold, spread the lime confectioner's custard evenly over the top, if possible with a palette knife.
- 10 min.Arrange the strawberries on top of the custard, allowing your artistic side to express itself...
- ...and finish with a sprig of fresh mint.
Remarks:It might not look like it, but this recipe is quite technical and does require a certain amount of know-how, especially to cook the puff pastry base perfectly.
Once you have got the hang of it, you can use your imagination to create as many different versions as you like using different creams and fruit.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Strawberries: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Strawberry-mint sorbet, Strawberry sorbet, Chouquettes, Strawberry tart, Eton mess, ... [All]
- Lemon Confectioner's Custard: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Mini lemon millefeuilles, Lemon Meringue Pie Verrines, Clafoutis "Marie-Antoinette", ... [All]
- Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Nanou's tuna tart, Rustic chicken and mushroom pie, Express apple tart, Mini palmiers, Tomato feuilleté with pesto, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sugar syrup, Melon with port sorbet, Apple charlotte with toasted brioche, Gravlax, Breton sablé biscuit dough, ... [All]