Step by step recipe:
- 15 min.
- 2 min.
- 25 min.Bake for about 25 minutes, until the discs are nicely browned (check by lifing the top baking sheet).
Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- 30 min.If not already done, prepare 200 g Lemon Confectioner's Custard.
- 5 min.Over a third of the pastry discs, pipe a dab of confectioner's custard using a forcing bag.
- 5 min.Lay a second disc on top...
- 5 min....then another dab of custard.
- 50 min....and top with a third disc.
- 5 min.Finish with a dusting of icing sugar.
- Keep in the fridge until serving, but these should be eaten the day they are made.
Remarks:If you would prefer a slightly simpler version, use a vanilla-flavoured custard instead of the lemon.
To make different versions, simply use a different flavoured custard/cream filling, such as chantilly.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Lemon Confectioner's Custard: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Strawberry feuilleté, Lemon Meringue Pie Verrines, Clafoutis "Marie-Antoinette", ... [All]
- Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Caramelised apple pie, Icelandic-style fish and vegetable pie, Chicken pie, Vol-au-vent cases, Apple and pear tart, ... [All]
- Icing sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Brioche slices with almond cream, Cigarettes Russes (Piroulines), How to make marzipan decorations, Crust for tea, Santiago Cake, ... [All]