Step by step recipe:
- 40 min.
- 20 min.When cooked, leave to cool a little, then remove the skin.
- 5 min.In a cake mould, put 1/3 of brioche dough.
- 1 min.Put sausage on top.
- 2 min.Then add the remaining brioche dough.
Leave in a warm place for 1.5 to 2 hours to rise, covered with a damp tea-towel.
Preheat oven to 180°C or 356°F.
- 1 min.Coat top with beaten egg-yolk.
Cook for about 40 minutes.
- 40 min.Turn out and leave to cool on a rack.
- Serve sliced, but not too thickly as it's quite filling.
Remarks:If you don't have Morteau sausage, you can use any other, preferably smoked, which can be cooked.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Brioche dough: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: St Tropez tart, Apple and Blackcurrant Brioche Pies, Nanterre brioche, Chinois, Brioche feuilletée (flaky brioche), ... [All]
- Egg yolk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Crusty cockle tart, Smoked salmon sacristains, Crème brulée, Panettone, Apple confectioner's custard, ... [All]
- Morteau sausage: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sausage with duchess potatoes and a Mont d'Or fondue , Comtoise stuffed tomatoes, Sausage buckwheat pancakes, Winegrowers' sausage casserole, Morteau sausage "crisps", ... [All]