Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 1 min.Mix the two thoroughly, this mix is call "tant-pour-tant" (like-for-like) by French pastrycooks.
- 1 min.Put this mixture into the food processor.
- 1 min.If you like it, add 7 drops food colouring (children love that).
- 1 min.Beat 1 egg white lightly with a fork to make adding a little at a time easier.
Start the food processor, and after 10 seconds add a little egg white.
- 2 min.Continue to add egg white until the mix starts to come together.
- Don't mix too long, stop as soon as the mixture starts to gather into a ball.
- Finish shaping into a ball with your hand. Wrap it in plastic film, and put in the fridge until use.
Remarks:It's delicious on its own, but can be used for modelling cake decorations, put in the bottom of a tart, or for making a delicious cake called "colombier de la pentecote" (used for preparing "baked Alaska" - recipe coming soon).
Recipes which use it: 6, of which:
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Ground almonds: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Financiers, Almond macaroon cake, Chocolate almond cookies, Macarons (the original French macaroons) , Stuffed prunes, ... [All]
- Icing sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Half-cooked chocolate cake with raspberry coulis, Royal icing, Financiers, Toasted almond cake, Armagnac marzipan, ... [All]
- Egg white: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Strawberry sorbet, Succès praliné (praline meringue), Coconut paste, Pavlova, How to beat egg whites, ... [All]