Step by step recipe:
- 3 min.
- 7 min.Beat to mix thoroughly, then place the bowl over a pan of water kept at a bare simmer.
Beat the mixture until the temperature reaches 50°C (122°F), using a thermometer to check this.
- 5 min.Return the bowl to the food processor and beat on maximum speed for around 5 minutes.
- You will notice that the mixture is not as light as for a classic meringue, but much creamier.
- 5 min.
- 2 min.Dust with a little cocoa powder if you wish (purely decorative).
- 45 min.Bake for 45 minutes...
- ...and prop the oven door open with a wooden spoon to allow the steam to escape.
- 10 min.Leave to cool on a wire rack.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Icing sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Linzer torte, Gâteau Nantais, Financiers, How to make marzipan decorations, Saint Honoré cake, ... [All]
- Egg white: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Marzipan (almond paste), Baked Alaska, Yvetot Douillons, Chocolate madeleines, How to add beaten eggs whites to a mixture, ... [All]