Step by step recipe:
- 3 min.Preheat the oven to 150°C (300°F).
Mix 150 g flaked almonds and 3 tablespoons Sugar syrup with a fork.
- 3 min.
- 10 min.Put in the oven for about 10 minutes, watching very carefully for coloration.
- 3 min.Immediately after taking them out of the oven, unstick the almonds from the sheet with a wooden spatula and let them fall onto the worktop. They will still be a bit soft while hot, but not for long.
Separate them quickly as far as possible.
- After a few minutes (or seconds maybe), the almonds will cool and harden. They will become very crunchy and are now ready.
When cool, keep in an air-tight container.
Remarks:You can add a few drops of orange flower water to the sugar syrup, but this is not essential.
Recipes which use it: 2
Source:Home made after Gaston Lenôtre.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Flaked almonds: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Cookies, Nanou's chocolate cake, Brioche slices with almond cream, Moist cereal bars, Baked Alaska, ... [All]
- Sugar syrup: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Individual charlottes with morello cherries, Peach and verbena feuilleté, Framboisier, Raspberry sorbet, Brioche slices with almond cream, ... [All]