Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.
- 5 min.
- 7 min.Peel 500 g apples, cut into quarters, then again into eighths (more or less slices).
- 2 min.Take the pastry case out of the fridge and trim off any surplus pastry to neaten around the edge.
Impottant: check that there are no holes in the pastry, or the filling will run out onto the baking sheet during cooking.
- 3 min.Arrange the apple slices in the case...
- 2 min....and pour the filling around them.
Put in the oven immediately.
- If you have any left over pastry, apple and filling, use these up by making mini tarts.
- 25 min.Bake for about 35 minutes, then leave to cool in a wire rack. Serve warm or cold.
Remarks:For a richer version, reduce the quantity of milk and increase the cream.
Source:Based on a recipe from the INBP (French professional bakery institute).
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Apple: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Tarte Jurassienne, Stewed apple (compote), Tatin apples with mascarpone cream, Bonnevaux apple tart, Apple Tatin Terrine, ... [All]
- Sweet pastry: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Lime meringue tart, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chocolate rolls (petits pains), Eggs meurette, Pear charlotte, French custard tart, Naan, ... [All]
- Egg: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Choux pastry (pâte à choux), Leek and artichoke tart à la piémontaise, Spinach brik parcels, Strawberry, kiwi and mascarpone verrines, Steak burger topped with egg, ... [All]