Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.
- 1 min.
- 10 min.Add the chopped leeks and cook for 5 minutes, stirring from time to time. Then add 100 ml cream.
Turn down the heat and leave to thicken gently.
- 3 min.Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
Prepare 6 slices bread (here I am using pieces of French baguette, but whatever bread you prefer will work just fine).
- 3 min.Spoon a little of the creamed leeks onto each slice, then arrange a few thinnish slivers of Camembert on top.
- 15 min.Bake for about 15 minutes, just until the Camembert has melted and has browned a little on the top.
Serve piping hot.
Remarks:Feel free to use a different cheese instead of Camembert, of course, but preferably one with a soft paste.
For a little more crunch, you can toast the bread before adding the topping.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Camembert cheese: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Baked Camembert with Walnuts, ... [All]
- Cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Mushroom velouté, Bounty-style tart for Alison, Lille style chicken, Potimarron (chestnut pumpkin) "au gratin", Sliced cauliflower with 3 cheeses, ... [All]
- Bread: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Croque-monsieur gourmand, Tartine du pêcheur , Eggs meurette, Italian toast, Quail egg canapés, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Ratatouille confite, French dressing (vinaigrette), Potimarron and leek soup, Spaghetti with mushrooms, Paté en croute (terrine in a pie crust), ... [All]