Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.
- 1 min.
- 10 min.Add the chopped leeks and cook for 5 minutes, stirring from time to time. Then add 100 ml cream.
Turn down the heat and leave to thicken gently.
- 3 min.Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
Prepare 6 slices bread (here I am using pieces of French baguette, but whatever bread you prefer will work just fine).
- 3 min.Spoon a little of the creamed leeks onto each slice, then arrange a few thinnish slivers of Camembert on top.
- 15 min.Bake for about 15 minutes, just until the Camembert has melted and has browned a little on the top.
Serve piping hot.
Remarks:Feel free to use a different cheese instead of Camembert, of course, but preferably one with a soft paste.
For a little more crunch, you can toast the bread before adding the topping.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Camembert: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Baked Camembert with Walnuts, ... [All]
- Cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Potato gratin, Mirlitons, Fish Mousselines, Cherry clafoutis, Potato purée , ... [All]
- Bread: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Winemaker's toast, Mediterranean toast, "Buttonhole" quail eggs, White asparagus salad, French toast "cordon bleu", ... [All]