Step by step recipe:
- 1 min.Prepare the amount that you need. For a normal tart, use two rounded tablespoonsful of jam, and put in a cup.
- 1 min.Add a tablespoon of sugar syrup or water, and melt in microwave oven (not too high) or in a bain-marie.
- 5 min.Apply a thin layer of hot apricot glaze with a brush, all over the top of the tart (here a pear and almond cream tart).
The layer must be thin, because the glaze should not be noticeable in the mouth: the taste comes from your tart, not from the glaze.
- If the glaze cools while you are working and starts to solidify, heat again and resume. Your beautiful tart is ready...
- ...to be serve to your guests.
- To compare with usual tart.
Remarks:If you find in some bad bakery tarts with a thick (enormous!) layer of glaze (some 3 or 4 mm), you are probably in the shop of a rogue who is trying to cheat on the weight of his tart: leave the place quickly.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Apricot glaze: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Fraisier (French strawberry cake), Exotic fruit tart, Express apple tart, Apple and pear tart, Pear, grapefruit and pistachio tart, ... [All]
- Sugar syrup: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Fruit salad, Chocolate cream with a crunch, irish coffee mousse, Blackcurrant, vanilla and lime verrine , Peach and blackcurrant coupe, Pavlova, ... [All]