Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Line a 10 inch 926 cm) tart tin or dish with the sweetcrust pastry.
Prick the base all over with a fork, then set aside in the fridge.
- 10 min.Peel 6 apples, cut into quarters, remove the core and slice through again.
Sprinkle the apple slices with 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- 3 min.Melt 50 g Clarified butter in a large frying pan on high heat. When good and hot, add the apple slices.
- 10 min.Sauté until lightly brwoned on both sides. There is no need to sweeten them.
- 5 min.When the apples are browned, pour 100 ml Jura Macvin over and leave to reduce.
Leave to cool.
- 4 min.Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
Spread an even layer of 300 g Rich hazelnut buttercream in the bottom of the pastry case.
- 5 min.Arrange the sautéed apple slices in a double rosette.
- 30 min.Bake for about 30 minutes.
- 5 min.
Remarks:You will notice that in Step 4 no sugar is added to the apples. There reall is no need, as the Macvin du Jura is already plenty sweet enough, as is the hazelnut buttercream filling.
[Translator's note: I chose to keep the French name, but I was so tempted to call this "Jurassic Tart"!].
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Rich hazelnut buttercream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: ... [All]
- Sweetcrust pastry (pâte sablée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Rhubarb tart, Strawberry Verveine Tart , How to roll out pastry for a tart, Apple amandine tarts from Brélès, Two-coloured chocolate-orange tart, ... [All]
- Jura Macvin: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: ... [All]