Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 15 min.Bake for about 15 minutes, until nicely browned.
Turn the oven down to 360°F (180°C).
- 5 min.
- Cover the sheet, but be sure to leave space between the circles.
- 10 min.Turn the sheet over and pipe rings, using a forcing bag with a size 6 nozzle, over the circles you have drawn.
- 3 min.Tidy up the circles if necessary by pushing the choux pastry into place with a small spoon dipped in milk.
- 20 min.Bake for around 20 minutes, until golden.
- 10 min.
- Begin assembling the puits d'amour: place a circle of puff pastry in front of you (tip: work on a sheet of cooking parchment; then, if the caramel runs over the edge, it won't stick).
- Dip a choux-pastry ring into the caramel (use tongs if you can to make this easier).
- And stick this quickly onto the puff pastry.
- Do this with another ring and stick it on top of the first one...
- ...then add a third and final ring.
- 30 min.You can see how to do it in this short video.
Build all your puits d'amour "wells" like this.
- 5 min.Finish by filling the wells with confectioner's custard.
- Refrigerate until needed, but do not serve too cold.