Step by step recipe:
- 30 min.Prepare 400 g Confectioner's custard (Crème pâtissière, or French pastry cream), after leaving the 1 teaspoon tea to infuse in the milk for 5 minutes.
I advise you to use green tea, which goes very well with peaches, and is not at all bitter.
- Apart from infusing the tea, follow the method for classic confectioner's custard (crème pâtissière, or french pastry cream). At the end, add an attractive green colour with 5 drops food colouring.
Cover and leave to cool.
- 25 min.
- 5 min.
- 3 min.
Assemble the tartSpread the green-tea custard in an even layer in the pastry case.
- 5 min.Arrange the well-drained peach slices on top of the custard.
- 3 min.If possible, glaze the fruit with a little apricot glaze for a glossy finish. This will also help protect the fruit from oxidation (if you are not serving the tart within a couple of hours).
- Keep cold before serving.
Remarks:You can very the recipe by using a black tea instead of the green, but leave this to infuse for no longer than 3 minutes, or the custard flavour will be too bitter.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Poaching syrup: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: How to poach peaches, Poire Belle Hélène, Coupe Augustin, Peach Melba, ... [All]
- Confectioner's custard (Crème pâtissière, or French pastry cream): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Strawberry tart, Fraisier (French strawberry cake), Pistachio cream, Paris-Brest, Pains briochés aux raisins, ... [All]
- Sweetcrust pastry (pâte sablée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: How to roll out pastry for a tart, Rhubarb tart, Cherry and pistachio tarts, Flaked almond tart, Pistachio custard tart, ... [All]
- Food colouring: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Pink Reims biscuits, Lime (or lemon) curd, Marzipan (almond paste), Crust for tea, Strawberry feuilleté, ... [All]