Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 7 min.Mix on medium speed until light and evenly mixed.
Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
- 2 min.
- 5 min.Spread the pistachio cream over the pastry, leaving a border of about 1/2 an inch (1 cm) free.
Cut 50 g candied fruit into small dice and scatter over the top.
- 2 min.Use a brush to moisten around the edge of the pastry with water.
- 2 min.Roll out the remaining puff pastry into a circle. Moisten around the edge...
- 3 min....and turn this over on top to form the lid.
Seal around the edge by pressing with your fingers.
- 2 min.Glaze the top of the pie with beaten egg yolk.
- 1 min.Decorate the top by cutting a pattern with a knife, if you wish.
- 1 min.Sprinkle a little caster sugar on top to give a slightly caramelized finish.
- 1 min.Prick the top of the "galette" 4 or 5 times with a knife to allow the steam to escape during cooking.
- 30 min.
BakingBake for about 30 minutes.
Remarks:You can add a handful of dry roasted pistachio nuts in with the candied fruits.
For an even more authentic Italian flavour, use amaretto instead of rum.
Source:Based on a recipe by Alba Pezone.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Ham "friand" pie, Saint Honoré cake, Rustic chicken and mushroom pie, Icelandic-style fish and vegetable pie, Chicken and mushroom pie, ... [All]
- Ricotta: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Spinach and ricotta ravioli, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: French toast "cordon bleu", French onion soup, Spaghetti with mussels and basil, Lime (or lemon) curd, Leek and tuna loaf, ... [All]