Step by step recipe:
- 3 min.
- 5 min.Knead for a few minutes on slow speed until thoroughly mixed.
- 3 min.
- 5 min.Knead again on medium speed just until evenly mixed.
Preheat oven to 180°C (360°F).
- 10 min.Divide the mixture between small moulds, preferably in paper cake cases. Do not over fill as the cakes will expand during cooking.
You can divide out the mixture with a spoon, but it's much quicker and easier to use a forcing bag.
- 35 min.Put in the oven and bake for around 35 minutes (watch for colouring).
Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- 15 min.Meanwhile, make the cacti using green marzipan.
- 10 min.
- 2 min.Spread icing over the cupcakes...
- 1 min.... and place a cactus on top immediately.
- 20 min.Decorate all the cupcakes like this.
Remarks:You can start with the basic cupcake mix and let your imagination run wild!
A quick variation: replace the marzipan decorations with pistachio paste, which gives a more realistic saguaro cactus colour.
For that real Arizona touch, the sun should make an appearance on the cupcakes, maybe as a small circle of yellow marzipan at the top to left or right of the cactus? Oh, well - for next time.
Source:Home-made, but warmly dedicated to Krissy, Kelley and Heather, three charming friends from Phoenix, of whom I cherish fond memories.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Fondant icing: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chinois, Chocolate eclairs, ... [All]
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Meatballs, Cod loin with saffron, Franche-Comté sticks, Nantes Tourton, Carbonnade, ... [All]
- Marzipan (almond paste): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Fraisier (French strawberry cake), Little Christmas biscuits, Provençal colombier for Pentecost, How to make marzipan decorations, Agen prune cake, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Langoustine gratin, Fried bread with leek and poached egg , Coconut tuiles, Du Barry soup, Pan-fried salmon with white cabbage, ... [All]