Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 2 min.
- 1 min.Pour in 200 ml Vin Jaune, mix and, as you do so, enjoy the delicous aromas coming off the pan, then turn down the heat.
- 15 min.Leave uncovered on low heat to reduce by 3/4.
- 3 min.Once the liquid has reduced, pour the contents of teh pan through a fine strainer sitting over a bowl.
Press the shallots to squeeze out all the juices and not waste any, then discard them.
Note: Any stage like this which ends up with making a "jus" can be done days in advance if necessary and the jus kept in a sealed jar in the fridge.
- 2 min.Pour the jus collected back into the saucepan, put back on the heat and bring to the boil.
- 1 min.Pour in 250 ml cream and mix well.
- 15 min.Bring back to the boil, turn down the heat and leave to reduce to a thick consistency.
- 2 min.Right at the end, take off the heat and pour 50 ml Vin Jaune into the thick sauce, whisking gently to mix in.
This last dose of Vin Jaune serves two purposes: 1) to add the fresh flavour of Vin Jaune, well marked as it will not have been cooked, and 2) to thin the sauce slightly.
- Serve in a hot sauce boat or add to a recipe.
Remarks:You can prepare two different versions of this sauce: "special occasion" with Vin Jaune, or more economical using Jura white wine made with the Savagnin grape variety.
Recipes which use it: 1
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Mirlitons, Scallops with cabbage julienne, Baked leek and Camembert slices, Household cake (Gâteau de ménage), Potimarron (Japanese chestnut pumpkin) purée, ... [All]
- Vin Jaune: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Morel risotto with Vin Jaune and Mont d'Or, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Shortcrust pastry (pâte brisée), Mushrooms on toast, French style, Pecan fruit rolls , Gingerbread, Chicken breasts in a potato crust, ... [All]
- Shallot: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Spinach and Comté Loaf, Cauliflower curry, Eggs with mayonnaise, Potimarron (chestnut pumpkin) "au gratin", Lentil and cold-meat salad, ... [All]