Step by step recipe:
- 1 hourRehydrate 60 g dried morels, set aside the mushrooms "jus" (juice) you got.
- 5 min.
- 3 min.
- 2 min.
- 3 min.Tip in 300 g rice all at once and stir frequently until the rice turns translucent, or "pearls".
- Pour in a little stock and stir frequently until the rice has absorbed all the liquid.
Repeat this process a number of times until all the stock has been used up.
- 30 min.The rice should be fully cooked and the risotto still quite "wet".
- 4 min.Melt 30 g butter in a frying pan on medium heat and add the morels.
Sauté them in the butter for a few minutes...
- 1 min....then add to the risotto. Mix well.
- 2 min.Cut the top rind off ½ Mont d'Or cheese.
- 3 min.Spoon the cheese out of its rind and add to the risotto.
Mix well and stir until the cheese is melted.
- Your morel risotto with Vin Jaune and Mont d'Or is ready - enjoy!
Remarks:Do try to use a Vin Jaune if you can, even if it is rather expensive. Otherwise, any white wine made with Savignin grapes will do (and at a more reasonable price).
And to drink?Without hesitation, a Jura white. The same wine as used in the recipe is the perfect accompaniment.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Water: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Bacon rolls, Two-olive ciabatta, Stewed apricots, Stewed plums, Nonettes, ... [All]
- Rice: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Rice pudding (riz au lait), Rice pudding with fruit and nuts, Chicken with rice and leeks, Creamy risotto with vegetables , Curried prawn risotto, ... [All]
- Dried morels: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Sausage mushroom and cheese crumble, Paté en croute (terrine in a pie crust), How to rehydrate dried mushrooms, Mushrooms on toast, French style, ... [All]