Step by step recipe:
- 25 min.Peel 2 grapefruits and arrange in small dishes.
- 25 min.Collect the grapefruit juice, strain, and use to make sabayon.
- 5 min.Just before serving, cover the grapefruits with sabayon, and sprinkle with a pinch of 4 pinches Citrus crunch.
- If you use 4 Pears instead of 2 grapefruits, peel and cut them in quarters, discard the core.
Poach in a light syrup made with 300 ml water, 150 g caster sugar, and juice of ½ lemon, until soft (check by piercing with a knife).
- Cut each quarter into small dice and drain thoroughly.
- Put a layer of diced pear into dishes either alone, or on top of grapefruit segments.
- To serve, cover the pears with sabayon, and sprinkle with a pinch of citrus crunch.
This dessert is fairly quick, and the fruit can be prepared in advance, only the sabayon must be made at the last minute.