Step by step recipe:
- 1 min.
Rinse and dry 1 handful fresh mint leaves.
- 5 min.
- 3 min.
Prepare the melon
Cut the melon in half and scrape out the seeds from the middle.
- 5 min.Use a pommes parisiennes spoon to cut the melon into balls.
- Prepare the whole melon like this, putting the balls into a bowl as you go.
If you do not have this special kind of spoon, you can simply dice the melon.
- 1 min.
- 30 min.Cover and refrigerate before serving.
- Serve in glass dishes, garnished with a sprig of mint.
Remarks:Try to leave the melon balls in the syrup for at least 30 minutes, so that the flavours have time to mingle well.
Choose your melon carefully: it needs to be fully ripe.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Water: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Panettone, "Buttonhole" quail eggs, Fougasse with bacon and Comté, How to use gelatin, Leek and potato soup, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Macarons (the original French macaroons) , Rhubarb tart, Passion fruit jellies, Pain perdu, Chestnut cake, ... [All]
- Rum: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Baked Alaska, Apple Strudel, Chestnut moelleux, Frozen Nougat, Gingerbread, ... [All]
- Melon: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Melon with port sorbet, ... [All]