Step by step recipe:
- 30 min.
- 2 min.
Make the light verbena custardRinse and dry 2 sprigs verbena.
Pick off the leaves and discard the stalks.
- 3 min.Cut the verbena leaves with scissors into a saucepan containing 250 ml whole milk.
- 5 min.Bring to the boil, then cover and leave to infuse for at least 15 minutes.
- 30 min.After this, strain the milk and discard the verbena leaves. Use this flavoured milk to make a verbena confectioner's custard or french pastry cream (see here for details).
- 20 min.When the verbena custard is finished, cover it and stand the saucepan in cold water to cool it.
- 5 min.
- 1 min.When the verbena custard and the meringue are more or less at the same temperature, put two tablespoonsfuls of meringue into the custard.
- 3 min.Mix gently with a whisk, just to "loosen" the custard a little, as it is firmer than the meringue.
- 4 min.
- You will now have a light custard with a delicious verbena flavour.
- 10 min.
Prepare the peach slicesPeel 1 kg 500 g peach by plunging them into boiling water fro 10 seconds...
- ...then transfer them to cold water.
- The peaches will now be easy to peel.
- 10 min.Cut the peaches into quarters...
- 5 min....and remove the hard red part that was next to the stone. Then slice in half again lengthways.
Put the peach slices into a bowl and sprinkle with a mixture of 5 tablespoons Sugar syrup and 3 tablespoons lemon juice to stop them turning brown. Mix round gently.
If you will not be using the peaches immediately, cover them with plastic film and refrigerate until needed.
- 4 min.
Assemble the feuilletéCover the pastry base (feuilletage) with an even layer of the light verbena custard.
- 10 min.Drain the peach slices and arrange them in a double rosette on the custard.
- 1 min.To finish, decorate with a small sprig of verbena.