Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.
- 5 min.At the end of this time (do watch for the colour and don't let them get too brown), take them out of the oven and leave to cool.
When cold, blend the toasted oats to a floury consistency.
- 3 min.
- 3 min.
- 5 min.Mix well.
- Stop beating once the mixture appears smooth and evenly mixed.
- 2 min.Put the mixture into a loaf tin or mould.
- 40 min.Bake for about 40 minutes.
Check if the cake is cooked after 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack before eating.
Remarks:If, like Louise, you really like the flavour of oats, you can increase the weight and take off the same weight of flour.
For an even more rustic flavour, use brown cane sugar.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Parcels of fish fillet in spinach, Bonnevaux apple tart, Rolls of fish in smoked ham, Roasted Cauliflower, Kouign-amann, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Corsican tarts, Clafoutis "Marie-Antoinette", Pear and lime meringue pie, Tart Tatin, Almond macaroon cake, ... [All]
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Shortcrust pastry (pâte brisée), Muffin dough, Little lemon biscuits, Brioche dough, Chocolate almond cookies, ... [All]