Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.
- 5 min.At the end of this time (do watch for the colour and don't let them get too brown), take them out of the oven and leave to cool.
When cold, blend the toasted oats to a floury consistency.
- 3 min.
- 3 min.
- 5 min.Mix well.
- Stop beating once the mixture appears smooth and evenly mixed.
- 2 min.Put the mixture into a loaf tin or mould.
- 40 min.Bake for about 40 minutes.
Check if the cake is cooked after 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack before eating.
Remarks:If, like Louise, you really like the flavour of oats, you can increase the weight and take off the same weight of flour.
For an even more rustic flavour, use brown cane sugar.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Fish petals, vegetables julienne, and beurre blanc, Langoustine gratin, Rosemary steamed fish, Rolled chestnut and apple brioche, How to prevent butter burning during cooking, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Kugelhof for Nanou, Coconut rocks, Pink Reims biscuits, Ice-cream Vacherin, Apple and almond gratin, ... [All]
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Cramique, Coconut tuiles, Fish in a sesame crust, Muffin dough, Foie gras fingers, ... [All]
- Rolled oats: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Moist cereal bars, Oat financiers for Louise, Oaty walnut cake , Chocolate cereal bars, Cookies, ... [All]