Step by step recipe:
- 1 min.
Blanch the herbsBring a saucepan of water to the boil. Plunge in all the herbs for 15 seconds.
Keep the water on the boil.
- 1 min.Drain the herbs...
- 1 min....and dry them.
- 1 min.
- 4 min.Dice the feta to whatever size you prefer (I make them about the same size as a sugar cube).
- 2 min.
Sterilize the jar
Pour a glassful of boiling water into the jar. Screw on the lid, wrap in a cloth for safety, and shake well to sterilize.
Throw the water away and dry the jar throughly.
- 1 min.
Put half the herbs and peppercorns into the bottom of the jar. Pour a little olive oil on top.
- 2 min.Add the diced feta, then the rest of the herbs.
- Top up with oil...
- 1 min....until the cheese is completely covered.
- Put the lid on the jar and leave at room temperature for at least three weeks before starting to use the feta in your recipes.
Remarks:You can adapt this recipe to suit your own taste and the herbs you have, even the cheese (goat's cheese works well, too).
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Feta: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Feta and spinach brik pie, Canapés of red mullet with poppy seeds, Vegetable rosette tart, Tzatziki, Courgette tart with mint, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pea risotto "mantecare", Beef braised in reduced red wine, Tomato and courgette tart, Beetroot and fried chicken salad, Ratatouille confite, ... [All]
- Peppercorns: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Herb olive oil, Preserved lemons, Salmon marinated like herring, ... [All]
- Bayleaf: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Preserved lemons, How to slow cook meat, Salmon marinated like herring, Comtoise stuffed tomatoes, Paté en croute (terrine in a pie crust), ... [All]