Step by step recipe:
- 3 min.
- 15 min.
- 10 min.Prepare and chop 3 leeks.
- 4 min.
- 1 min.
- 5 min.Add the chopped leeks, mix well and cook uncovered until the leeks are just tender, but still nice and green.
At the end of cooking, add the artichokes and mix well.
- 2 min.Put into a bowl: 2 eggs, 250 g Mascarpone, and 50 g Parmigiano reggiano (Parmesan) finely grated. Salt and pepper.
- 1 min.Mix with a whisk until evenly mixed.
Preheat the oven to 410°F (210°C).
- 2 min.Spread the leeks and artichokes in the pastry case.
- 2 min.Add the filling mixture.
For a more attractively browned top, scatter a little grated Parmesan or Comté over the filling.
- 40 min.Bake for about 40 minutes.
Remarks:Feel free to add more artichokes (and less leeks accordingly) if you prefer their flavour.
It is not essential to use purple artichokes, normal artichoke hearts will work well.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Mascarpone: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Tatin apples with mascarpone cream, Tiramisu, Framboisier, New tiramisu, Pea risotto "mantecare", ... [All]
- Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Icelandic-style fish and vegetable pie, Epiphany galette, Beef Wellington, Vegetable pie, Apple semelles (flat apple tarts), ... [All]
- Parmigiano reggiano (Parmesan): You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Spaghetti Carbonara, Crispy rolls with chicken and leek, Raw beetroot salad, Spring Bread, Special Parmesan baguettes, ... [All]