Step by step recipe:
- 3 min.
- 15 min.
- 10 min.
- 4 min.
- 1 min.
- 5 min.Add the chopped leeks, mix well and cook uncovered until the leeks are just tender, but still nice and green.
At the end of cooking, add the artichokes and mix well.
- 2 min.Put into a bowl: 2 eggs, 250 g Mascarpone, and 50 g Parmigiano reggiano (Parmesan) finely grated. Salt and pepper.
- 1 min.Mix with a whisk until evenly mixed.
Preheat the oven to 410°F (210°C).
- 2 min.Spread the leeks and artichokes in the pastry case.
- 2 min.Add the filling mixture.
For a more attractively browned top, scatter a little grated Parmesan or Comté over the filling.
- 40 min.Bake for about 40 minutes.
Remarks:Feel free to add more artichokes (and less leeks accordingly) if you prefer their flavour.
It is not essential to use purple artichokes, normal artichoke hearts will work well.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Mascarpone: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Framboisier, New tiramisu, Strawberry, kiwi and mascarpone verrines, Pea risotto "mantecare", Pistachio tiramisu, ... [All]
- Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Tomato tart, Apple Strudel, Mini palmiers, Thin endive tart, Sicilian Epiphany Pie, ... [All]
- Parmigiano reggiano (Parmesan): You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Tomato pesto, Tomato feuilleté with pesto, Crispy rolls with chicken and leek, Spring Bread, Tomato foccacia, ... [All]
- Purple artichoke: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Purple artichokes braised in white wine, Artichokes with beef, Poivrade Artichoke Salad, Roast pork with sage, cooked in a bag., Gratin of purple artichokes, ... [All]