Step by step recipe:
- 3 min.
- 15 min.
- 10 min.
- 4 min.
- 1 min.
- 5 min.Add the chopped leeks, mix well and cook uncovered until the leeks are just tender, but still nice and green.
At the end of cooking, add the artichokes and mix well.
- 2 min.Put into a bowl: 2 eggs, 250 g Mascarpone, and 50 g Parmigiano reggiano (Parmesan) finely grated. Salt and pepper.
- 1 min.Mix with a whisk until evenly mixed.
Preheat the oven to 410°F (210°C).
- 2 min.Spread the leeks and artichokes in the pastry case.
- 2 min.Add the filling mixture.
For a more attractively browned top, scatter a little grated Parmesan or Comté over the filling.
- 40 min.Bake for about 40 minutes.
Remarks:Feel free to add more artichokes (and less leeks accordingly) if you prefer their flavour.
It is not essential to use purple artichokes, normal artichoke hearts will work well.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Mascarpone: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Strawberry, kiwi and mascarpone verrines, Pea risotto "mantecare", New tiramisu, Framboisier, Tiramisu, ... [All]
- Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Tomato and courgette tart, Pissaladière with puff pastry, Small foie gras pasties, Crusty pistachio, almond and apricot flan, Vol-au-vent cases, ... [All]
- Parmigiano reggiano (Parmesan): You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Poivrade Artichoke Salad, Genoese croque-monsieur, Raw beetroot salad, Green asparagus omelette, Creamy risotto with vegetables , ... [All]
- Purple artichoke: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Harvest Gratin, Gratin of purple artichokes, Roast pork with sage, cooked in a bag., Mushroom and artichoke omelette, Warm salad of potatoes and purple artichokes, ... [All]