Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
Prepare the pissaladière toppingRemove the stones from 50 g black olives, then chop roughly.
- 5 min.
- 3 min.Heat 4 tablespoons olive oil in a saucepan on medium heat.
When really hot, add the onion, salt and pepper, then mix well.
- 10 min.Turn down the heat and leave to cook for 10 minutes or so, stirring regularly and without colouring.
- 3 min.Add the chopped olives, mix well and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- 2 min.Add 250 g peeled tomatoes, 20 g tomato paste and 1 Bouquet garni.
- 30 min.Leave uncovered on low heat to cook for about 30 minutes. The mixture should stew down to the consistency of a "compote" or thick sauce.
- Finish by adding the chopped parsley, take off the heat and check the seasoning. Leave to cool.
- 3 min.
- 4 min.Spread a generous layer of topping over the pastry base.
- 3 min.Finish by arranging 30 g anchovy fillets on top and scatter a little oregano over.
- 30 min.Bake for 30 minutes.
Serve either warm or cold.
Remarks:The topping can easily be made beforehand and even frozen, but it is important to only top the pastry base just before it goes in the oven.
And to drink?An easy drinking rosé from Provence, served well chilled.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Peeled tomatoes: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Tomato sauce for pizzas, Sunday night pasta, Sausages with baked beans, French style, ... [All]
- Onion: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Paté en croute (terrine in a pie crust), Coleslaw, Tzatziki, Raw beetroot salad, Endives "bonne femme", ... [All]
- Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Olive twists, Apple and pear tart, Puits d'amour, Rustic chicken and mushroom pie, Pecan fruit rolls , ... [All]