Step by step recipe:
- 15 min.
- 1 min.As soon as you take the seeds out of the oven, tip them into 60 g water, stir briefly, then leave on one side to cool.
- 4 min.
- 15 min.Knead on slow speed for 15 minutes.
Add the mustard seeds 2 minutes before the end of kneading.
Note: For the best way to knead, see: A few tips for effective kneading at home..
- 1 hour 30 min.Gather the dough into a ball and transfer it to a large, clean bowl. Cover with a plastic sheet and leave for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- 5 min.After this time, cut and weigh out the dough into 100 g lumps.
- 10 min.Roll these into balls.
- 2 hours
- 25 min.Bake at 460°F (240°C) for about 25 minutes, until golden brown.
Note: As when baking any bread, you should ensure that the oven is filled with steam for the first 15 minutes of baking. This page shows you how; it really is the secret of golden-brown, crusty loaves..
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.