Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 10 min.Knead on slow speed for 10 minutes.
Note: For the best way to knead, see: A few tips for effective kneading at home.
- 1 hour 30 min.Gather the dough into a bowl and transfer to a clean bowl. Cover with a plastic sheet and leave to rest for 1 to 2 hours.
- 20 min.After resting, weigh out the dough into 4 identical pieces (if you are making 2 loaves, that is).
Roll the dough into balls, cover with a plastic sheet and leave to rest for 20 minutes.
- 3 min.After resting, take the first ball of dough and roll out into a circle the diameter of your tin or mould (I am using a 10 inch / 26 cm spring-form tin here).
- 1 min.Place this circle of dough in the tin.
- 5 min.
- 3 min.Lay the second circle of dough on top and press down lightly to seal around the edge.
- 1 hourPush the stoned green olives into dough, all over the top.
Repeat steps 5 to 9 for the second loaf.
Cover them with a plastic sheet and leave to rest for 1 hour.
- 40 min.Preheat the oven to 460°F (240°C).
Brush the tops of the loaves with a little olive oil, then bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Turn out while hot.
- However you serve the bread (cut into portions, like a cake, or in small squares...), arrange the pieces to show off the pesto in the centre.
Remarks:You can use black olives instead of green, if you prefer (do remove the stones from these, too).
Another possible version: use tapenade instead of the pesto.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Plain white flour (French Type 65): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Bacon rolls, Loaf for "les filles'", Classic French white bread, Mustard baps, Seeded loaf, ... [All]
- Water: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: How to heat milk without it catching on the bottom of the pan, Stewed plums, Houmous, Cooking sugar, Salmon chard rolls, ... [All]
- Pesto: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Loaf for "les filles'", Italian toast, Genoese croque-monsieur, Fried egg in bread, Pasta with pesto and preserved tomatoes, ... [All]
- Green olives: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Two-olive ciabatta, Tomato foccacia, Cretan Bread, Loaf for "les filles'", ... [All]