Step by step recipe:
- 8 min.
- 15 min.Put the pan on high heat and allow the fat to run out, mopping it up from time to time with absorbant paper.
- Stop when the cakes are well fried.
- 1 min.Place a disc onto each plate.
- 3 min.Cover with 2 spoonsful of hot mashed potato (or potato rissoles, if you know how to make them).
- 2 min.Top with a second rillettes cake.
Serve with a little green salad.
Remarks:You will notice that the rillettes you buy in the shops have a lot of fat and not much meat, so it is far better to make your own rillettes, if you can.
And to drink?A red wine with plenty of tannin, such as a Cahors.
Source:After Alan Passard.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Potato purée: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Upside-down Parmentier, Aligot, Two-stage beef chuck , Oxtail Parmentier, Duck Parmentier, ... [All]
- Rillettes: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Rillettes stuffed mushrooms, ... [All]
- Lettuce: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Crab and smoked salmon club sandwiches , Mixed salad, How to prepare a lettuce, Chicken nems, Chicken club sandwich, ... [All]