Step by step recipe:
- 20 min.Skin 1 smoked chicken, keeping only flesh (discard skin and bones), then cut out into small pieces.
- 3 min.In large pan, heat 4 tablespoons palm oil (or olive oil), then add chopped 1 onion, salt and pepper.
Cook for a few minutes without browning too much.
- 1 min.Add chicken pieces.
- 3 min.Stir well, and cook a few minutes while stirring so it doesn't catch on the bottom.
- 1 min.Pour in half of 250 ml tomato coulis.
- 1 min.Stir well.
- 1 min.Pour in 150 ml unsweetened coconut milk, stir well.
- 1 hourCover and leave to cook on low heat for at least an hour.
- 10 min.Meanwhile heat 1 tablespoon palm oil in a frying pan, then add 125 g small pieces of bacon and cook for a few minutes until they are lightly fried.
- 2 min.In another pan, heat 2 tablespoons palm oil, then add drained and rinsed 500 g tinned red kidney beans.
Cook one or two minutes while stirring so that that they do not burn on bottom.
- 2 min.Add remaining tomato coulis, then fried bacon, and 125 g button or field mushrooms if desired.
- 20 min.Stir well and leave to cook covered on low heat until chicken has its full cooking time.
Meanwhile cook rice.
- To serve, put rice onto a plate, add beans on top, then chicken.
Remarks:You can easily replace palm oil with olive oil, for a tastier dish tomato coulis by tomato sauce for pizzas.
It's a meal which can easily be re-heated or frozen. So do not hesitate to make a good deal of it, even if it's for the first time.
Source:Essy Buhendwa (great master of Africo-Brittany chicken), recipe adapted by Nanou.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Tinned red kidney beans: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Express chilli con carne, ... [All]
- Tomato coulis: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Express chilli con carne, Bolognaise lasagne, ... [All]
- Unsweetened coconut milk: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Coconut-vanilla cream for Elsa , Bounty-style tart for Alison, Like Bounty, ... [All]
- Small pieces of bacon: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Vol-au-vent, Eggs en Cocotte à la Française, Truffade, Aperitif rolls, Gratin du Nord, ... [All]