Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Wash 1 kg plums.
- 10 min.Cut in half, remove the stone, then cut in half again.
- 3 min.
- 15 min.Bring slowly to the boil, and leave to cook for 5 minutes, then remove the lid and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- 5 min.
Remarks:Try varying the quantity of sugar depending on how sweet or tart you prefer your stewed plums.
You can use any variety of plums you can find, but do check the flavour, as stewed plums (rather like stewed apricots) often tend to be rather tart.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Plums: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Plum tart, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pistachio ice cream, Corsican tarts, Like Bounty, Chocolate sauce, Little vanilla, clementine and chestnut verrines, ... [All]
- Water: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Steak burger topped with egg, Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée), Ciabatta, How to rehydrate dried mushrooms, Pitta bread, ... [All]