Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Wash 1 kg plums.
- 10 min.Cut in half, remove the stone, then cut in half again.
- 3 min.
- 15 min.Bring slowly to the boil, and leave to cook for 5 minutes, then remove the lid and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- 5 min.
Remarks:Try varying the quantity of sugar depending on how sweet or tart you prefer your stewed plums.
You can use any variety of plums you can find, but do check the flavour, as stewed plums (rather like stewed apricots) often tend to be rather tart.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Plums: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Plum tart, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pain perdu, Buckwheat almond biscuits, Brioche galette, Gâteau Basque , Tiramisu, ... [All]
- Water: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Tomato foccacia, Fillet of beef in a rosemary crust, French onion soup, Taos hotpot, How to cook rice in rice-cooker, ... [All]
- Lemon: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chorba, Fish fillet in express cooking envelope, Little lemon biscuits, Salmon rillettes, Surprise eggs, ... [All]