Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Clean 300 g fish fillet, then salt and pepper on both sides.
Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
- 3 min.Put into a gratin dish: 50 g butter cut into small pieces, the bayleaf, thyme and half the onion. Salt and pepper lightly.
- 2 min.Lay the fish fillets in the dish, add the rest of the onion on top and pour in 100 ml dry white wine.
- 30 min.Cook for 30 minutes.
- 3 min.
- 1 min.
Making the sauceStrain the cooking juices into a small saucepan.
- 1 min.Add the juice of ½ lemon.
- 1 min.
- 5 min....and continue beating gently on low heat until the sauce thickens.
Important: do not allow the sauce to boil and stop cooking as soon as the sauce thickens.
Check the seasoning.
- Serve on hot plates, one fish fillet per person with the accompaniment of your choice (rice here) and the sauce poured over.
Remarks:For the fish, use whatever is in season (whiting in these photos).
Source:Based on a recipe by Ginette Mathiot.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Fish fillet: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Crunchy little pieces of fish, Rosemary steamed fish, "Land and sea" kebabs, Red sea bream fillets in a soy-sauce marinade, Fish Mousselines, ... [All]
- Dry white wine: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pork chops with a duo of brassicas, Rabbit terrine, Sauce Normande (for fish), Blanquette of veal, Hot box cheese , ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Panettone, Croque-monsieur gourmand, Breton Pie, Pretzels, Almond mug cake for Mary, ... [All]
- Onion: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Curried prawn risotto, Eggs meurette, Couscous, Cauliflower tabouleh, Potatoes with prawns, ... [All]