Step by step recipe:
- 51 min.Make 400 g Rice pudding (riz au lait).
- 2 min.Beat 2 eggs to mix well.
- 1 min.Pour onto the hot rice pudding...
- 3 min....while stirring to mix well.
- 2 min.
- 10 min.Cook to obtain a brown caramel
- 2 min.Pour caramel into the bottom of a dish or mould (preferably a silicon one, easy to turn out later).
- 3 min.And immediately pour in the rice pudding.
- You can also make individual rice puddings in ramekins or small moulds.
- 20 min.Put mould in the oven, in a large dish filled with hot water to half the depth for about 20 minutes.
Leave to cool, then refrigerate overnight.
- 3 min.Turn out onto a plate, allowing the caramel to flow over the top of the pudding.
Remarks:This rice pudding can easily keep for a few days in the fridge, in this case do not turn out, and cover with plastic film. Maybe you will find it improves with keeping, because during this time rice will continue to dissolve the caramel and absorb its flavour.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Rice pudding (riz au lait): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Apple amandine tarts from Brélès, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Rice pudding (riz au lait), Two-coloured chocolate-orange tart, Stewed apricots, Chocolate rolls (petits pains), Pistachio panna cotta with custard, ... [All]
- Water: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Cooking sugar, Sausage and lentils "en cocotte", How to seal a terrine or casserole dish, Couscous, Pumpkin (or potimarron) soup, ... [All]