Step by step recipe:
- 3 min.
Prepare the tin or mouldUse a springform tin if you have one, about 9 inches (23 cm) in diameter.
Line the bottom with a circle of cooking parchment.
- 5 min.
Caramelize the pineapplePeel 1 pineapple, cut into fairly thick slices and remove the hard central core.
- Cut the pineapple slices in half.
Using a non-stick frying pan, melt 20 g butter on high heat, then add 50 g brown sugar.
Lay the pineapple pieces on top and caramelize...
- 10 min....on both sides.
- 1 min.When nearly done, add the juice of ½ lime and leave to reduce for a minute or two.
- 4 min.Arrange the pinapple slices flat in the bottom of the tin or mould so that they do not overlap.
Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
- 5 min.
Prepare the cake batterPut 6 eggs and 100 g brown sugar into a food-mixer bowl. Beat until the mixture is pale.
- 2 min.
- 2 min.Fold the dry ingredients gently into the egg white using a soft spatula.
- 2 min.Finish by adding the melted 180 g butter once it has cooled. Fold this in gently.
- 1 min.Pour the mixture into the tin or mould on top of the pineapple.
- 30 min.Bake for about 30 minutes.
Check to see if the cake is cooked before taking it out of the oven.
- 2 min.Turn the cake out onto its serving plate as soon as it comes out of the oven. Remove the paper from the top and leave to cool before serving.
Remarks:If this is to be an "adult" cake (that no children will be eating - whatever else were you thinking?!), you can also add 2 tablespoonsful of rum with the lime in Step 5.
If you would like a syrup to serve with the cake, after taking the pineapple out of the pan, deglaze it with 2 glasses of pineapple juice + the juice of a lime. Leave this to thicken on low heat. Serve in a sauce boat, preferably hot or warm.
Source:From a recipe of.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Brownie, Cannelés, Coq au vin, Finger biscuits, X-Files cookies, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sautéed green vegetables, Brioche Tatin, Turban of sole with langoustines, Sauce Normande (for fish), Quail egg canapés, ... [All]
- Ground almonds: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Apple and almond gratin, Crust for tea, Financiers, Chestnut moelleux, Linzer torte, ... [All]