Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.
- 5 min.Trim off any excess pastry, this can be used to make small tarts or cakes.
- 10 min.With a fork prick all over the base, to be sure that the pastry doesn't form bubbles while cooking.
- 1 hourSpread 200 g Almond cream or frangipane in an even layer approximately ½ cm deep.
Refrigerate for about one hour.
Preheat the oven to 200°C or 392°F.
- 20 min.Put the tart in the oven for about 20 minutes. Check that the tart does not blister (does not make bubbles) during this time. If that occurs, pierce them with a pointed knife.
The goal is to obtain a completely even flat tart base.
- 1 min.Remove from the mould and leave cool on a wire rack.
- 10 min.Peel and cut 2 bananas into fairly thin slices.
Make a ring of banana slices around the outside edge of the tart.
- 15 min.Peel and cut 2 kiwis into fairly thin slices. Make a ring of kiwi slices inside the ring of bananas.
- 20 min.
Remarks:It's the fruit which makes the outer circle of the tart that you will use most of. So if you prefer pineapple for example, start with that, you will use much more than in the centre.
Source:After Gaston Lenôtre.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Sweetcrust pastry (pâte sablée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Rhubarb tart, Chocolate tart, Plum tart, Apricot and almond cream tart, Little lime tarts, ... [All]
- Almond cream or frangipane: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Apple amandine tarts from Brélès, Plum tart, Apricot and almond cream tart, Pear tart with almond cream, Epiphany galette, ... [All]
- Kiwi: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Fruit salad, Strawberry, kiwi and mascarpone verrines, Caramelized brioche with pear and kiwi, European glass, Pavlova, ... [All]