Step by step recipe:
- 7 min.
- 3 min.Break 3 eggs into a jug or bowl and beat briefly with a fork.
- 1 min.Add the eggs to the mixture.
- 4 min.Continue beating until evenly mixed.
- 3 min.Spread the mixture in a non-stick cake tin or mould.
- 35 min.Bake for 30 or 40 minutes.
- 2 min.Turn out while hot and leave to cool on a wire rack
- Prepare the icing by mixing 100 g icing sugar with about 1 tablespoon rum (you may well need to vary the amount of rum).
Pour the icing on top of the cake.
- 3 min.Spread the icing with a palette-knife.
- 30 min.Leave the icing to set before serving.
Remarks:It is best to leave the butter out of the fridge for at least 2 hours before using. Softer butter mixes in better.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sweetcrust pastry (pâte sablée), Chocolate sauce, Pilau rice, Chocolate almond cookies, Oatmeal cake, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Apple confectioner's custard, Cranachan, Dublin fruit scones, Italian Meringue, Warm apple feuillantines, ... [All]
- Icing sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Arizona cupcakes, Little Christmas biscuits, Amiens macaroons, Succès praliné (praline meringue), Arlesian Biscuits, ... [All]