Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 4 min.Whip for 3 or 4 minutes, until getting something like a stiff chantilly cream.
- 7 min.Put a first layer of cream into each glass. You can use a forcing bag, and then level with a spoon.
- 3 min.Pour 200 ml cold coffee into a dish, add 2 tablespoons Amaretto and mix well.
- 10 min.Cut biscuits in quarters and soak them in the coffee. Squeeze gently to remove some of the coffee, they should not be too wet.
Continue in stages for all the biscuits (see below).
- 5 min.Put a biscuit layer on the cream.
- 5 min.Add a second layer of cream.
- 5 min.Then a second layer of biscuits.
- 5 min.Then a final layer of cream.
- 5 min.Finally, Sprinkle a layer of cocoa powder.
- If you don't have brandy goblets, you can use others, possibly taller ones. Then you could make more layers, like for this passion fruit and Macvin du Jura Tiramisu, delicious!
Remarks:Tiramisu is better the following day, so don't hesitate to make in advance and keep it in the fridge, protected from air by plastic film. In this case it's better to add the final cocoa powder layer just before serving.
If you love chocolate, you can add a cocoa layer on each layer of cream as well as on top.
Tiramisu can be made in several flavours, afficionados will say that it is no longer a tiramisu of course, but it's really good.
Fruit tiramisu: replace coffee + Amaretto with a mix of 75% fruit coulis (fruit purée) + 25% sugar syrup to get something liquid enough to soak your biscuits, and add a layer of fruit coulis on each layer of cream.
You can also change alcohol, by replacing Amaretto by Macvin du Jura for example.
Source:Home made, after Nicolas Cantrel, and warmly dedicated to Brigitte.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Potatoes with prawns, Scallops with cabbage julienne, Blanquette of veal, Chocolate cake, Potimarron (chestnut pumpkin) "au gratin", ... [All]
- Mascarpone: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Tiramisu, Strawberry, kiwi and mascarpone verrines, Pistachio tiramisu, Tatin apples with mascarpone cream, Pea risotto "mantecare", ... [All]
- Cold coffee: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Chocolate mousse, Pistachio tiramisu, Chocolate cream with a crunch, irish coffee mousse, Tiramisu, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chocolate eclairs, Rum babas, Apricot blancmange, Amaretti, Prune Far, ... [All]