Step by step recipe:
- 30 min.Peel and dice 600 g rhubarb.
- 10 min.Tip into a saucepan and add 250 g caster sugar.
Leave the rhubarb and sugar to stand for 15 minutes to produce a syrupy juice in the bottom of the pan.
Then cook the rhubarb over medium heat without a lid and stirring frequently. The aim is to cook the rhubarb without turning it to mush - the pieces should still be whole.
Drain the rhubarb...
- 2 min....and keep the juice to one side.
Preheat the oven to 210°C (410°F).
- 20 min.Roll out the sweetcrust pastry and line the tin or mould.
- 8 min.Spread a layer of almond cream in the bottom as evenly as possible.
- 5 min.Spread the rhubarb out on top, leaving 1 cm (1/2 inch) of almond cream exposed around the edge.
- 35 min.Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes.
- 15 min.Meanwhile, pour the juice back into the pan used to cook the rhubarb, put on medium heat and reduce...
- ...until it becomes a thick, golden rhubarb syrup.
- 5 min.Use a brush to glaze the tart with the syrup. This will give you a glossy tart that is not only more attractive but tastier, too.
Remarks:If you do not want to make the rhubarb syrup, you can finish the tart with an apricot glaze.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Rhubarb: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Stewed rhubarb, How to prepare rhubarb, ... [All]
- Sweetcrust pastry (pâte sablée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Key Lime Pie for Jeremy, Pear, grapefruit and pistachio tart, Simple maple-syrup tart, Apricot and almond cream tart, Two-coloured chocolate-orange tart, ... [All]
- Almond cream or frangipane: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Exotic fruit tart, Pear tart with almond cream, Epiphany galette, Plum tart, Brioche slices with almond cream, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Brioche galette, Pistachio powder or paste, Pear and lime meringue pie, Peach and verbena feuilleté, Corsican tarts, ... [All]