Step by step recipe:
- 1 min.
- 3 min.
- 1 min.If you have opted for using a shallot, rub it over each slice of toast.
- 1 min.Then rub the cut tomato over each slice, making sure that plenty of juice soaks in.
- 1 min.Salt and pepper each slice, then drizzle with olive oil (preferably Spanish).
- Serve one slice per person as an aperitif snack.
You can also serve it cut into bite-sized pieces that are easier to manage with a glass in your hand.
Remarks:You can use a clove of garlic instead of the shallot, or even rub the bread with both.
Source:Based on an amazing pan con tomate enjoyed in Martorell, near Barcelona..
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Bread: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Baked leek and Camembert slices, Tartine du pêcheur , Eggs meurette, Mediterranean toast, French onion soup, ... [All]
- Tomato: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Fried eggs with tomatoes, Beans with tomatoes, Hamburgers, Tomato pesto, Chicken and Avocado Salad, ... [All]